The Open with CrossFit 727
The CrossFit Games are the ultimate test of fitness and the winners are crowned fittest on earth. The CrossFit Games Open is a five-week competition, with the first WOD announced on Thursday, February 21. This competition is for everyone in the box, but at CrossFit 727 we feature an in house “Friday Night Lights” style twist! Yes, that’s right…we think that everyone should try to participate – especially with scaled versions of the WODs available. Regardless of your skill level, there is still a lot you can learn about yourself as an athlete, just by participating. Come for the competition, the community, the camaraderie, the cheering!
Friday Night Lights – Team Series
This year, we will embrace the Friday Night Lights concept and pair up teams up weekly. Each Friday, whoever wants to complete the workout that night, will get paired up into teams of 4 – whoever scores the highest that night, wins. We have partnered with some great local businesses to sponsor each week for some GREAT prizes. Stay tuned to see the official list!
Just like every year, we will also announce a “Spirit of the Open” winner each week. At the end of the 5 weeks, we will be taking these individuals out for a special night with our coaches.
You have two options to complete the weekly WODS, with the first one starting on Friday, 2/22:
- Friday Nights – standards review starts at 6:15 p.m. SHARP
- Saturday Mornings – 9 a.m. (*We will allow open gym from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. each Saturday)
How to Sign-up
Sign-up online at the games.crossfit.com site. The fee is $20 and be sure to select CrossFit 727 as your box.
Friday Night Lights – What to Expect
- When you come in please place your first and last name on posted note and hand it to coach Mike
- Once all names are in we will decide how many teams will be created
- Then we will have a random drawing with names split into men women categories as well as divisions
- Once teams are picked, teams will decide their team captain
- Scoring will work just like in WODify you will be ranked amongst all athletes based off your score
- The athlete with the best score gets 1st place and 1 point, 2nd place receives 2 points and so on.
- RX is scored higher then Scaled
- The Team with the least amount of points wins the week
NEW Limited Edition Shirts
For the first year ever, we will have a limited edition CrossFit 727 Open shirt available for pre-sale. Place your order before February 6th here!
- Each participant will be judged by either a coach or another member.
- Then, it is each person’s responsibility to post their scores online before 8 PM each Sunday evening. This is VERY important and the sooner you post your score, the better. If you miss one week, you are disqualified from the competition.
- After all scores are validated, you can see where you rank against everyone else in your age group, region and even the entire world – how awesome is that?
- We understand there may be some situations that prevent you from completing the WODs on either Friday p.m. or Saturday a.m. However, we HIGHLY encourage you to make one of those times for the group environment – it illustrates what our community is all about. But we know things happen, and to coordinate a make-up time, contact coach Ryan firstname.lastname@example.org or coach Mike email@example.com
**CrossFit 727 will only be able to validate scores for those who register under CrossFit 727 when signing up on the official CrossFit Games site.
Open Related Events
- 2/22: FNL Week 1
- 3/1: FNL Week 2
- 3/8: FNL Week 3
- 3/15: FNL Week 4
- 3/22: FNL Week 5
- 3/23: Closing Day Donuts & Coffee
- 3/23: Closing Day Night Out Celebration & Overall “Spirit of the Open” Winner Announcement